Supply Chain Sustainability Charter
Sustainability is paramount in our business and our commitment to sustainable procurement is embedded in our Sustainability Strategy. We intend to deliver ever more sustainable solutions for our people, our customers, the wider community and the environment in which we work and live by promoting best sustainable practice and meeting or exceeding guidance set out by government and regulatory bodies.
Health and safety
- Engage and collaborate with our supply chain to provide a safe environment for all to work or operate.
- Meet its needs for goods and services, in a way that achieves value for money on a whole life basis and generates benefits not only to the organisation, but also to society, whilst minimising environmental damage.
- Collaborate with our supply chain on the development of enhanced sustainable products and services to meet ANGE sustainability targets year-on-year.
- Collaborating with our supply chain to develop inclusive community engagement strategies that involve their employees working at our locations.
- Benchmark supply chain capability through our vendor accreditation process providing guidance to those who only meet our basic requirements.
- Using sustainability criteria in the award of contracts.
- Source materials in a responsible manner which can be demonstrated.
- Purchase products and materials that are responsibly and ethically sourced.
- Use ethical and transparent methods of procurement.
- Ensure all appropriate supply chain partners are subjected to our vendor accreditation process.
- Ensure that we and our suppliers comply with the International Labour Organisation’s Core Conventions as well as local labour laws and regulations.
- Developing long term relationships.
- Recognition of excellent supplier performance through 360 degree reporting and repeat business opportunities.
- Make payments in accordance with agreed payment terms.
- Maximise local spend and employment including SMEs.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Consult with, listen to and actively review supply chain partners proposals for continuous improvement.
- Lead continuous improvement programmes within the supply chain.
- Deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Actively promote collaboration forums.
- Chair ‘Lessons Learned’ forums.
Health & Safety
- Provide capable and competent employees trained to an acceptable HSE standard.
- Incorporate safety into design and work to approved method statements and risk assessments.
- Provide appropriate PPE to all employees.
- Effectively manage and mitigate their environmental impacts.
- Continually improve their social and environmental performance.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to reduce carbon footprint and waste.
- Submit prices and suggestions for more sustainable alternatives on a whole life cost basis.
- Engage with us in regard to Sustainability initiatives.
- Treat people fairly and with respect, so there is a culture of equality and equity.
- Comply with the International Labour Laws Organisation’s Core Conventions as well as local labour laws and regulations.
- Deliver to contractual obligation within agreed specification, on lime and within agreed cost.
- Apply the principles of this charter fairly and consistently to their supply chain.
- Ensure that key risks are understood and managed by all.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Commit to and participate in continuous improvement programmes.
- Move towards integration of their own management and information systems with ours.
- Share and promote new innovation with us.
- Understand our safety, sustainability, quality, time and cost management requirements and provide competent people that will continuously deliver to our standards.
Health & Safety
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace
- Act to positively influence our people's health.
- Deliver leading edge sustainable solutions to our clients that exceed their expectations.
- Preserve our heritage and work for a sustainable future.
- Work in accordance with our Values of openness, collaboration, mutual dependency and respect, professionalism and innovation.
- Deliver a "right first time" customer solution through improved planning, performance and risk management.
- Ensure the Delivery of customer satisfaction through meeting programme, quality and cost criteria so that that our customers' success becomes our success.
- Support the United Nations Universal Declaration on Human Rights to ensure that all parties working with us are protected and treated fairly.
- Take a non-adversarial approach to dispute resolution.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Reduce cost and eliminate waste through continuous improvement.
- Deliver value for money to our customers.
- Develop and deliver innovative solutions.
- Promote a two way engagement process that encourages continuous improvement of sustainable issues and life cycle cost reduction.
We apply the principles of the ANGE Ethics and Business Integrity Policy which is underpinned by the UK's Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply's (CIPS) Policy on Purchasing Ethics for all Procurement carried out within our group
Our Supply Chain plays a key role in enabling Al Naboodah Group Enterprises (ANGE) to deliver its Core Business objectives. In turn, their engagement with ANGE will support the Supply Chain in delivering their own Business objectives.
Working with our Supply Chain Partners we strive to add value to our business and the projects on which we operate on behalf of our clients, developing mutually beneficial relationships which deliver shared rewards.
Al Naboodah seeks to work with companies who share our principles, will adhere to our Supply Chain Code of Practice (“The Code”) and apply similar standards in their own business and their own supply chains.
The Code is a set of Strategic guidelines for good practice among Supply Chain Partners. It details our expectation of our Supply Chain’s conduct.
Al Naboodah encourages our partners to work together, openly and co-operatively. The Code of Practice is the minimum that we require of our Supply Chain Partners.